Effective July 1, 2019
Traffic and Conservation tickets marked “YOU MUST APPEAR IN COURT” require a court appearance on the date and time marked on the ticket. Failure to appear may result in the issuance of an arrest warrant.
If the violation does NOT require a Court appearance you have the following options:
1. You may plead guilty by signing the blue copy and pay the ticket over the counter or mail your payment to: Morgan County Circuit Clerk, PO Box 1120, Jacksonville, IL 62651
2. You may plead guilty and pay your ticket online on Judici with a credit card. A fixed convenience fee is charged. The convenience fee is not retained by the Clerk. User will be provided with both confirmation and receipt emails. Search for your case by entering your name (Last Name, First Name). If you choose this option, DO NOT mail in the blue copy of your ticket.
|Non-court appearance violations (traffic)||$164|
|Non-court appearance violations (conservation)||$195|
3. You may plead not guilty and request a trial. Follow the directions on the back of your ticket. Indicate whether you want a jury trial or a bench trial. Mail this copy to the Clerk’s office. A trial date will be set and you will be notified of the new appearance date.
4. In order to obtain Court Supervision you must appear in Court on the date indicated on your ticket. Contact the Circuit Clerk’s Office for more information regarding Court Supervision at (217)-243-5419. If supervision is allowed, a conviction is not reported to the Secretary of State.
5. Persons under the age of 21 must complete a Traffic Safety School and appear in Court to receive Supervision. Persons under age 18 must also complete a Traffic Safety School and appear in Court but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to receive Court Supervision. Contact 217-243-5419 for Traffic Safety School Information.